I was feeling out of sorts, so I went to Qisas.com to see if they have a quick motivational story…I found this article, and I am selecting the reminders from there that resonated with me for this moment in time:
- When feeling lonely, remember the Prophet’s seclusion in Mount Hira.
- When feeling tired in Salaat, remember the Prophet’s blessed feet in Tahajjud.
- When being prickled with thorns, remember the Prophet’s pain from Abu Lahab’s wife.
- When being troubled by neighbours, remember the old woman who would empty rubbish on the Prophet.
- When losing a family member, remember the Prophet’s departure from this world.
- Whatever situation you may find yourself in, remember your role model, the best of creation: Prophet Muhammad.
- Whatever you may do, remember that your deeds are presented before our Prophet. Are we pleasing him or displeasing him?