Five simple rules to be happy:
- Free your heart from hatred (i.e. forgive)
- Free your mind from worries (most never happen).
- Live simply and appreciate what you have.
- Give more.
- Expect less.
I saw the above on Qisas.com, and was compelled to agree–in quote form–so here is my version:
- Forgive your enemy, but never forget his name. [JFK]
- If worry were an effective weight-loss program, women would be invisible. [Nancy Drew]
- Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler. [Einstein]
- Generosity is not giving me that which I need more than you do, but it is giving me that which you need more than I do. [Khalil Gibran]
- Expect everything, and only from Allah. And He provides for him from (sources) he never could imagine. And if any one puts his trust in Allah, sufficient is (Allah) for him. For Allah will surely accomplish his purpose: verily, for all things has Allah appointed a due proportion. [Qur’an 65:3]