Good-bye 2006, and welcome 2007. Great, just when I got used to writing 2006 on forms, I have to get used to 2007!
Looking back 2006:
- My dad went for Hajj, which meant my oldest brother came to stay. Awesome times. Sad times for the Hujjaj, with 360 dead from the stampede at Jamarat and the hotel collapsing in Makkah.
- Took a risk that I would have never taken, and ended up having major regrets.
- Learned to be more open minded when judging things.
- Graduated from high school, turned 18, and started college.
- I didn’t crochet as much as I would have like to.
- I lost trust a for a lot of people, except for a few sisters whom I appreciate like never before.
- My brother came home two months early, and painted part of the house with us.
- Ramadan started shaky after hearing Sheikh Shuraim so emotional on the first night, and dealing with other betrayals one after the other from people “closest” to me.
- My brother left two days short of Eid, making it a lonely Eid, and making me realize how much I loved him.
- It started off with my father’s leaving for Hajj in January, and ended with Eid on December 31st!
It was a better year than it seems. I learned a lot alhamdulillah, even when it hurt at the time learning those things. I got more mature, and less air headed as time passed. At time I face the usual battle of being a teenager, where you feel nobody understands you. Maybe I’m right, maybe they’re right, most probably we’re both right on certain things. Only time will tell.
Aims for 2007:
- Complete my hifdh with sincerity.
- Study harder and get good grades.
- Be more open in showing my love for people, even when they’ve hurt me.
- Be forgiving and forgetting of what a person did to me.
- Learn to cook. (NO, I’m not getting married, yet! lol.)